I’m a software developer who values pragmatism, clean coding practices, test-driven development, and simplicity over complexity. I like to work closely with my stakeholders to understand how I can use software to help solve their needs (and where adding more software won’t). I’m passionate about new programming languages and discussing/sharing software development practices with others.
- I’m fluent with:
- I have a strong background with these frameworks, tools, and tech:
- React, Redux, Rails, Webpack, Git, Backbone, CSS, Sinatra, JQuery
- I’m currently interested in exploring further:
- GraphQL, Lua, Elixir, Lisp, Go, Python
Senior Software Developer, Yammer (June 2015 - Present)
- Frontend web development with React, Redux, Typescript, and GraphQL.
- Introduced React and Redux into the Yammer frontend skillset and migrated Yammer off its legacy Backbone app into React/Redux.
- Mentored developers on clean coding practices, good testing hygiene, and pragmatic programming.
- Maintained Ruby and Java microservices powering both GraphQL and non-GraphQL backend endpoints.
- Lead the development of the project to sync domains from Office 365 to Yammer and other “on-by-default” integrations of Yammer post-acquisition.
- Lead a weekly “code dojo” attended by most of the development team to practice our skills by pairing on code katas.
Senior Software Developer, WhitePages (January 2014 - June 2015)
- Developed OAuth2 based SSO authentication services and identity management features to allow users to take control of their listings on Whitepages products.
- Helped develop and launch responsive business search functionality for whitepages.com
Software Developer, Amazon.com (July 2012 - December 2013)
- Developed and maintained backend Java services that power Amazon Instant Video.
- Wrote and launched authentication/authorization services for Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM customers.
- Developed and maintained services for account setup on a variety of devices/tvs/consoles.
Software Developer, NBC News Digital (January 2011 - July 2012)
- Developed and maintained backend services to support NBCnews.com using C#, ASP.NET MVC and RavenDB.
- Led a developer training book club, covering agile/lean development concepts and clean code.
Software Developer, Amazon.com (June 2010 - January 2011)
- Developed and maintained a CRM software solution for sellers using Perl, C++, and Java.
- Provided on-call support for production systems.
Software Developer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (July 2009 - June 2010)
B.S. Computer Information Systems, Eastern Washington University 2009
- Dean’s Honor List
- Outstanding Student Award for Computer Science
Associates of Arts and Science, Columbia Basin College 2006