I’m a software developer who values pragmatism, clean coding practices, test-driven development, and simplicity over complexity. I like to work closely with my stakeholders to understand how I can use software to help solve their needs (and where adding more software won’t). I’m passionate about new programming languages and discussing/sharing software development practices with others.
- I’m fluent with:
- I have a strong background with these frameworks, tools, and tech:
- React, Redux, GraphQL, Rails, Backbone, Git, Unix, CSS, Webpack, Sinatra, JQuery
- I’m interested in:
- Elixir, Lisp, Go, Lua, Python
Senior Software Developer, Yammer (June 2015 - Present)
- Front-end web development with React, Redux, and GraphQL.
- Co-developed the introduction of React and Redux into the Yammer front-end codebase.
- Migrated the codebase off of Backbone views into React/Redux.
- Mentored junior developers on clean code practices and pragmatic programming.
- Worked to enable developers to make code fixes and features more efficiently on the front-end by increasing code quality, improving the tests, and simplifying existing architecture.
- Ruby and Java microservice development at scale in a highly collaborative environment.
- Lead the development of the project to sync domains from Office 365 to Yammer.
- Developed features instrumental to the “on-by-default” integration of Yammer in the O365 suite.
- Lead a weekly “code dojo” attended by most of the development team to improve our skills by pairing on code katas.
Senior Software Developer, WhitePages (January 2014 - June 2015)
- Developed an OAuth2 based single-sign-on service.
- Developed identity management features to allow users to take control of their listing and CallerID on Whitepages products.
- Helped develop and launch responsive business search functionality for whitepages.com
Software Developer, Amazon.com (July 2012 - December 2013)
- Developed and maintained backend Java services that power Amazon Instant Video.
- Wrote and launched authentication/authorization services for Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM customers.
- Developed and maintained services for account setup on a variety of devices/tvs/consoles.
Software Developer, NBC News Digital (January 2011 - July 2012)
- Developed and maintained backend services to support NBCnews.com using C#, ASP.NET MVC and RavenDB.
- Led a developer training book club, covering agile/lean development concepts and clean code.
Software Developer, Amazon.com (June 2010 - January 2011)
- Developed and maintained a CRM software solution for sellers using Perl, C++, and Java.
- Provided on-call support for production systems.
Software Developer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (July 2009 - June 2010)
B.S. Computer Information Systems, Eastern Washington University 2009
- Dean’s Honor List
- Outstanding Student Award for Computer Science
Associates of Arts and Science, Columbia Basin College 2006